After Hours GP Clinic
What do we do?
The After Hours General Practitioner (AHGP) Clinic provides safe, high quality and timely care treating conditions requiring the attention of a General Practitioner (GP). Although the clinic can deal with a multitude of illnesses, listed below are just of few of the conditions we commonly see and services we can provide:
- treatment for infections
- suturing for minor cuts and wounds
- reviewing muscle and joint injuries
- referrals for x-rays
- plastering for fractures
- bites and stings
- gastrointestinal problems (such as stomach aches, vomiting and diarrhoea)
- skin complaints
- mental health problems.
At the AHGP Clinic we also treat workers’ compensation injuries, motor vehicle accident injuries and provide urgent prescriptions and medical certificates if appropriate.
What you need to know
Our clinic is serviced by highly skilled and experienced GPs who also work in our local community.
The clinic does not take appointments and while every effort is made to see patients in order of arrival, there are times when the clinical needs of some patients means they need to be seen before other patients.
If you have a regular GP, information about your consultation and copies of any test results can be sent to them on your request.
Attending our clinic is not an alternative to seeing your regular GP, who is best placed to deal with your ongoing health needs.
If you don’t have a regular GP, the clinic may be able to provide you with contact details of GPs in your area.
What don’t we do?
GPs at the AHGP Clinic DO NOT:
- prescribe or stock Opiates or Benzodiazepines
- perform medicals for insurance purposes
- offer routine vaccination programs
- Conduct routine health assessments including screening tests.
How do I pay?
The AHGP Clinic bulk-bills all patients under the age of 16 and those patients who hold a current pension or health care card.
All other patients including overseas visitors are privately billed and payment is required at the time of consultation.
- In order to be bulk-billed, patients aged under 16 years and those who hold a current pension or health care card, must produce their card(s)
- Consultations are charged with an out-of-pocket expense for those not eligible to be bulk-billed
- Your Medicare card is required at time of registration.
Facilities are available for workers’ compensation claims, motor vehicle insurance claims and Veterans’ Affairs claims.
Please note that up-front payment is required for both workers’ compensation and motor vehicle insurance patients.
How will your medical information be used?
So that we can provide the best possible care, our doctors, nurses and clerical staff may ask you a variety of personal and health related questions.
The information collected during your visit is used to identify you for billing and continuation of care purposes as well as to ensure your health care needs are evaluated, diagnosed and treated appropriately.
Will my medical information be provided to anyone else?
Your health information will not be given to another party without your consent, unless:
- you are at risk of harm without treatment and you are unable to give consent
- your doctor is legally obliged to disclose the information
- the information is necessary to obtain Medicare benefits
- there is an overriding public health and safety interest in disclosing the information.
What if I have a concern, complaint or compliment?
As a patient you have the right to comment on the care you receive and have any concerns addressed.
We always aim to provide the very best care, however should you have any complaints or concerns then we would like to know so that any issues can be addressed quickly and our service improved.
Similarly if you have any suggestions about how services could be improved then please let our staff know.
If you have any concerns about the privacy or accuracy of your medical records, please talk to the staff at the clinic.
After Hours General Practitioner (AHGP) Clinic
The AHGP Clinic has been in operation at Joondalup Health Campus since 1998 and is open every day of the year, including all public holidays.
On site at Joondalup Health Campus
Located in the Medical Centre (West)
Shenton Avenue, Joondalup WA 6027
Direct phone: (08) 9400 9988
(turn left at the main entrance; located next to the cafe)
Weekdays 7pm – 11pm
Weekends 11am – 11pm
Public holidays 11am – 11pm