The Joondalup Dietetics Department provide assessment and management of nutritional and dietary issues for private inpatients and outpatients.
All of the dietitians are Accredited Practising Dietitians (APDs) registered with Dietitians Australia, which guarantees an exceptional level of knowledge and training and adherence to evidence-based practice.
What do we do?
- Assess and advise individuals and groups on nutrition related matters such as diabetes, heart disease, cancers, gastro-intestinal diseases and surgeries, food allergies & intolerances and malnutrition.
- Manage patients with a variety of nutritional therapies which include tube feeding, intravenous feeding, prescribing modified and special diets for medical conditions and supplementation of diets with nutritional supplements.
- Educate and counsel patients regarding their specific dietary requirements, while in hospital and for home.
- Support students from Curtin and Edith Cowan Universities by offering student clinical, food service and research placements and providing lectures in specialised areas.
- Provide continual training and education to nurses, catering and other staff.
- Provide input to hospital policies and procedures related to nutrition care, special diets, food allergy management, enteral feeding and others as required.
- Collaborate with the Catering and Speech Pathology departments to ensure that the hospital menu meets the Nutrition Standards Guideline for Adult Inpatients in WA Hospitals and the dietary requirements of all patients including those will specific needs.
- Coordinate a home enteral nutritional supplement programme where all patients can access the enteral feeds and supplements they require at a discounted price.
- Conduct research projects and quality initiatives with the aim of evaluating and improving our services and practice.
Who is eligible for services?
- Inpatients from all hospital wards
- Private outpatients of all ages that meet our criteria for acute nutritional need – please call 9400 9196 for further information.
The Dietitians have provider numbers with all major health funds, Medicare and DVA and are eligible to see patients on Chronic Disease Management Plans (CDMP). Bookings can be made by calling 9400 9429.
Hours of operation: 8.00am - 4.00pm Monday to Friday
Enquiries: (08) 9400 9196
Bookings: (08) 9400 9429
Manager: JooLi Robertson
Phone number: (08) 9400 9600