Veterans’ Liaison Officer at
Joondalup Health Campus
The Veterans’ Liaison Officer (VLO) is a central point of contact for veterans and war widows to assist with questions you may have while in hospital.
The VLO can:
- Make referrals to Department of Veteran’s Affairs (DVA) funded services for help at home
- Liaise with DVA and provide relevant information to you and your family
- Work with the hospital team to support you during your stay and in planning for discharge from hospital
- Provide a link to ex-service organisations
- Speak with your family and/or carer about available support options if requested
This service is designed to ease the transition from hospital to home and to ensure you have the right supports in place when you leave hospital. This is a free service.
If you hold a DVA gold card, or white card with eligible conditions please let your ward staff know.
Our Veterans’ Liaison Officer, Rebecca Perrett, will endeavour to meet with you whilst you are here. If you prefer, you can contact Rebecca directly on 9400 9115 (Monday-Friday, 8am-4pm).
For further important information regarding DVA please:
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact Joondalup Health Campus on (08) 9400 9400 and ask to speak to the Veterans’ Liaison Officer.