Visitors are welcome at Joondalup Health Campus and are asked to follow a few simple rules to help keep us all safe:
- On arrival check-in with the SafeWA app or in writing on the contact register
- Stay 1.5 metres away from others wherever possible in line with physical distancing rules, and also avoid physical greetings such as handshaking, hugs and kisses
- Remember to clean your hand frequently – and especially before you enter the room of the person you are visiting, and also as you leave
- Restrictions around interstate visitors and G2G passes apply
Thank you for your cooperation and understanding.
VISITING HOURS WILL BE RESTRICTED TO TWO HOURS ONLY between 11am-12pm AND 6pm-7pm.
NOT ONLY are these new rules in alignment with Government policies, which we are contractually mandated to follow, most importantly they are about KEEPING OUR COMMUNITY SAFE.
Children aged 16 or under should not visit hospital unless there are exceptional circumstances.
Visitors to adult patients
- Inpatients - one hour in the morning and one hour in the evening with a maximum of two visitors per patient, per day. Only ONE visitor at a time in any patient room.
- Outpatients and Emergency - a maximum of one adult person may accompany a patient to an Emergency Department or a hospital-based outpatient appointment (including day surgery).
Visitors to patients who are children
- Inpatients - a maximum of two designated family members are able to visit per day. These family members must be the same each day. Only ONE visitor at a time in any patient room.
- Outpatients and Emergency - a maximum of one parent/carer may accompany a patient to an Emergency Department or a hospital-based outpatient appointment (including day surgery).
Visitors to maternity patients
- Visitors to birth suites and ALL maternity wards (public and private) - one birthing partner is permitted to attend with a woman in labour. The same birth partner can progress to the postnatal wards for a short time but will then be asked to leave and return ONLY DURING VISITING HOURS as specified above.
- Antenatal clinic – one visitor ONLY throughout Antenatal Clinic
Visitors to confirmed COVID-19 inpatients (or inpatients under investigation)
- Children - For children who are inpatients with confirmed COVID-19, a maximum of one designated family members is able to visit per day. This must be the same family member each day.
- Adults - No visitors will be allowed to visit confirmed COVID-19 adult inpatients (or COVID-19 inpatients under investigation).
- Maternity - No visitors will be allowed to visit confirmed COVID-19 maternity inpatients (or COVID-19 inpatients under investigation)
Below are our regular visiting hours which are currently suspended
|H0 Private Rehabilitation
||9am – 1pm, 3pm – 8pm
|H1 Private Obstetrics and Gynaecology
||8am – 12pm (Partners and children only),
3pm – 5pm, 6.30pm – 8pm
|H2 Private Surgical
||8am – 1pm, 3pm – 8pm
|H3 Private Surgical/Orthopaedics
||8am – 1pm, 3pm – 8pm
|H4 Private Medical
||8am – 8pm
Visiting by partners and children is unrestricted between the hours of 8am - 12 midday and 3pm - 8pm. We encourage a rest period between midday and 3pm to ensure mothers get some rest and quiet time with their new baby.
We also encourage you to restrict your visitor numbers and the length of time they stay as adequate rest is essential for new and expecting mothers.