Occupational therapy (OT) services for patients in Joondalup Private Hospital are delivered by the team located onsite at Joondalup Health Campus (JHC). The OT department strives to deliver efficient and effective services which are evidence-based, best practice to ensure high quality clinical outcomes for patients.
Patient comfort and wellbeing are priorities and the focus is on providing patients with the best possible care through the team’s commitment to the core values of The Ramsay Way and People Caring for People service philosophy.
The OT department at JHC provides a wide range of private services at two Ramsay Health Care hospitals in the northern suburbs, being Joondalup Private Hospital and Glengarry Private Hospital.
Goal of Occupational Therapy – The JHC occupational therapists will consider all patient needs; physical, psychological, social and environmental to promote independence and/or maintain functional abilities in activities of daily living, leisure and work. The team’s primary focus for inpatient therapy is to address difficulties that impact safe discharge from hospital.
A broad range of services are available via assessment, activity analysis, goal planning and therapy interventions such as:
- Functional retraining – activities of daily living (ADLs) and home management tasks
- Sensory/perceptual/cognitive assessment and retraining
- Seating, posture and positioning
- Stroke rehabilitation
- Hand and upper limb rehabilitation, pre and post-surgical intervention and/or trauma incidents
- Comprehensive home assessments
- Equipment recommendation and education
- Patient education - precautions and strategies with ADLs post-surgical interventions. Provision of comprehensive home therapy programs, falls prevention education, pressure injury care and positioning advice.
- Discharge planning - completion of home assessments and recommendations for community supports. Education for patients and families.
Who is eligible for services?
- All private inpatients with a consultant referral that complies with private health fund requirements.
- Private outpatients require a referral from a consultant or a general practitioner (GP).
Hours of service:
Monday to Friday: 8am to 4pm
Saturday and Sunday: 8am to 4pm (for orthopaedic patients only)
Manager: Rebecca Kitching
Telephone: (08) 9400 9433