Social Work Department
The Social Work Department assists patients and their families with the emotional and practical impacts of illness, injury and hospitalisation. Social workers provide a range of supportive and confidential services with a focus on promoting independence, recovery and wellbeing.
WE CAN PROVIDE AND ASSIST WITH:
- Psychosocial assessment to assist with treatment and enabling a safe and appropriate discharge from hospital
- Aged Care Assessment and planning, including Aged Care Assessment Team approval for residential and community aged care
- Counselling with regard to: adjustment and coping with illness, relationship difficulties, bereavement, trauma/crisis issues, grief and loss and carer stress
- Respite care planning
- Assistance with issues such as: substance abuse, family domestic violence, life style changes, finance and legal matters
- Assistance with locating crisis accommodation
- Intervention in child care or protection concerns
- Information provision on, and referrals to community support services
The Social Work service is available to both public and private inpatients of JHC. Referrals are received from Doctors, nurses, patient, patients' family members and community care providers.
Hours of operation: Monday - Friday 8.00am to 4.00pm.
Manager: Tracey Negus
Telephone: (08) 9400 9892