All families giving birth at Joondalup Private Hospital, also have the opportunity to be a part of ground-breaking research with The ORIGINS Project
The ORIGINS Project is the largest study of its kind in Australia, following 10,000 families over a decade to improve child and adult health. The unique study is one of the most comprehensive studies of pregnant women and their families in Australia to date, and only recruits families whose babies are born at the Joondalup Health Campus.
Participant families receive:
- Free paediatrician health and development checks at one, three and five years of age, with results and feedback provided.
- Free allergy testing for children at one, three and five years of age.
- Provision of early feedback on your child’s development to enable earlier intervention and referral to specialist services if needed.
- Opportunities for new fathers to get free health checks including cardiovascular and mental health and wellbeing.
- Opportunities to meet other ORIGINS families at social community sessions, while having a discussion with a paediatrician and/or midwife
Don’t miss this opportunity to be part of a community study that will improve the health of children worldwide.
The ORIGINS Project is a collaboration between the Telethon Kids Institute and Joondalup Health Campus which is part of Ramsay Health Care. The project is funded by the Paul Ramsay Foundation and the Commonwealth Government through Telethon. Find out More